About Form W-4 V, Voluntary Withholding Request

If you receive any government payment shown below, you may use this form to ask the payer to withhold federal income tax.

  • Unemployment compensation (including Railroad Unemployment Insurance Act (RUIA) payments),
  • Social security benefits,
  • Social security equivalent Tier 1 railroad retirement benefits,
  • Commodity Credit Corporation loans,
  • Certain crop disaster payments under the Agricultural Act of 1949 or under Title II of the Disaster Assistance Act of 1988
  • Dividends and other distributions from Alaska Native Corporations to its shareholders.

Current Products

Recent Developments

None at this time.

Other Items You May Find Useful

All Form W-4 V Revisions

About Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate

About Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals

Other Current Products

Comment on Publication W-4 V

Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.

CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please see our Tax Law Questions page.