About Form 1040-NR, U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return

You may need to file Form 1040-NR if you:

  • Were a nonresident alien engaged in a trade or business in the United States.
  • Represented a deceased person who would have had to file Form 1040-NR.
  • Represented an estate or trust that had to file Form 1040-NR.

Current Products

Recent Developments

Other Items You May Find Useful

Comment on Form 1040-NR

Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.

CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please see our Tax Law Questions.